Monday, February 23, 2009

1st Entry

This is my first foray into the blogosphere. My goal is to capture my musical adventures in 2009 and at the same time learn something about blogging. It will be interesting to see if I can maintain the discipline to keep this updated.

My focus here will be live music and 2009 promises to be another great year for shows (see the list of festivals on the left side of this page). 2009 started off with a bang when Rikki and I spent New Year's Eve at the Ram's Head Live in Baltimore with Dark Star Orchestra. Rikki made a prescient call suggesting that the show would be the 1978-79 Winterland show. We have that show on CD, so we listened to it on the way to Baltimore ( a rather long strange trip that took us through Bethesda to drop off Ben). Sure enough that was the show that DSO chose to recreate and they did a great job playing it. You can see some pictures here and here's the set list. During Scarlet Begonias I get a tap on my shoulder, when I turn around the tapper extends his hand and sings "Strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hands" right in time with the band. He timed it perfect and I shook his hand while singing the line with him. I'm definitely going to try that when we see the Dead in April.

That's my first post, hopefully I can put something interesting in future posts. Let me know what you think and let me know what music you're listening to!

No comments:

Post a Comment